Delicate Request (Adventure) - Gorg Chum Saga 3

Councilor Chum sat working at his desk when the vid-comm alerted him to an incoming message.  An incoming secure message.  He accepted the call.

"Calen Natari," he said without preamble.

"Councilor," she nodded in assent.

"You're younger than I expected."

"And you're wasting my time."

Gorg smiled.  No messing with this one.  Perfect.  "I trust I can count on your discretion?"

Calen nodded in assent once again.

"I need you to come to Shawm and collect some... proof... for me."

Calen clearly looked annoyed.  "That's not really in my line of work.  Contact your local security for that."

"I will be blunt, Ms. Natari.  The Imperium is here on my planet but I need hard proof.  I would be willing to pay quite well for you to, shall we say, dig up their spies?"

"Now that is something I could handle.  I'll be at Shawm in seven standard hours."

"Excellent.  I thank you.  I'll make sure you have no trouble with the landing procedures."

No comments:

Post a Comment